Secured Payment NOTE:
We use Paypal to take payments no matter it will be paid by customer's Paypal account or their cards. By this way, Paypal acted as an agent to protect our customer's data safe. So while following check-out procedure, following steps to go through Paypal page and choose how you want to pay there. Though Paypal has preference of taking payment through them but you can still find choice of paying by cards. Sometimes, this choice might be smaller than Paypal's.
Sorry for any confusion and slowness this might cause.
Chinese Emporium Ltd respects your privacy. Your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. Any information that we retain about you is held securely. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We do not and will not pass on your details to any third party or government department, unless compelled by law, without your permission to do so. We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are.
Use of Information
- We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them through the completion of enquiry forms or email. Examples of such information include: name, address, e-mail address, details of your credit or debit card number and telephone number (including mobile telephone numbers). This is so that we can send SMS (Short Message Service) messages to your phone, or email address in the process of fulfilling your order, notifying you of your order status and informing you of special offers and promotions.
- The information collected may also be used to send you the information you have requested and to help us develop the usefulness of the site to you. Occasionally, we may use any information that you supply for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to opt out of the receipt of direct marketing information you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com with a subject line of “No Direct Marketing”.
- Other uses of your information include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring or recording telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes
- Monitoring customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the store
- Occasionally notify you about enhancements to our services such as; functionality changes to the website, new Chinese Emporium services and special features, and offers or competitions we think you will find interesting
- We may also use your personal information to run a prize draw or competition you have entered
- We may pass your personal information to other carefully selected third parties to use for marketing. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, email, text message, or any other reasonable method. When you provide us with your information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not want us to share it for marketing.
- The information we hold about you, but not information held at the credit reference agencies, may also be used to analyze your shopping preferences as part of our marketing programme. This may help us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts we think you will be interested to hear about.
- In deciding whether an order should be accepted, the company may use the information you have given, or which the company already hold about you, or which is received from any enquiry the company may make to confirm your identity. This includes checks of any details disclosed against any databases (public or private) to which we have access and we will keep a record of that check.
- In order to protect the company and it's customers from theft and fraud, the company may also pass information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customers records, including how you conduct your account, to other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention or detection, to use in the same way.
How do we protect your information?
- We protect your information in the following ways:
- when you place an order or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us, thus protecting your confidential data, particularly your credit card from unauthorised use;
- we will not request information which is excessive for our purposes;
- we try, with your assistance, to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate;
- we delete any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant, within a reasonable period of time from the date such information becomes no longer necessary for our purposes;
- protect your data against unauthorised use
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
What about "cookies"?
- Technologies on the internet help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from our website.
- A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which then may store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website.
- You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. For further information about cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- By placing an order on our website, or entering into a prize draw, you are consenting to the collection, processing and use of this information by Chinese Emporium Ltd.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy.
- We use information we collect on the site to make shopping at Chinese Emporium possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience.
- We welcome your questions and comments about any topic, including Data Protection and your privacy. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org